Services Directory Video
Stoppages on the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal

A map of the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal

The map displays a range of services available on the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal. Simply click the box next to any service being displayed in the Map Key on the left of your screen.

Login

to see the complete range of services available on the canal.

Map Key

Scroll Down
Boat Yards
Marinas
Winding Holes
Lock
Bridge
Scroll Up

A brief history of the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal

Canal Details
Canal length : 13.5 miles
Locks : 0
Boat Length : 72ft

Approval for the building of the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal was granted by an act of Parliament in 1795, approving the "navigable cut" form the Bull's Bridge in Hayes to Paddington. The canal was later extended by the construction of the Regents Canal which linked the canal to Limehouse and the River Thames.

The canal opened on 10 July 1801. A huge crowd (estimated to be 20,000 people) turned out in what was then a small rural village.

Today there is a thriving community along the canal with pubs, restaurants, bars and cafes.

For more detailed information, follow the links below: